9 Most Effective Home Remedies for Dysentery
Dysentery is a digestive tract infection characterized by blood or mucus-stained stool, severe colic pain, and ulcer formation. Acute or chronic dysentery can occur if not treated properly. Acute dysentery is characterized by loose motions, vomiting, and abdominal pain. The patient constantly wants to evacuate.
All digestive processes are disrupted in dysentery, and the secretions either stop or change. Chronic cases result in severe liver damage and significant weight loss.
Dysentery can be managed by simply following few Ayurveda home remedies
Simple Home remedies to get effective relief from Dysentery:
- Green coriander water:
- Crush a few coriander leaves together.
- Heat the mixture for two to three minutes after adding one glass of water.
- Drink the mixture lukewarm after straining it.
- Take 2 tsp of curd, ½ tsp of cumin powder and ½ tsp of coriander powder. Mix together and eat 1 tsp. with food 2-3 times in the day. Take until the diarrhea stops.
- Crush eight to ten curry leaves into a paste. The juice can then be extracted by pressing on the sieve. Consume this twice daily with one teaspoon of honey added.
- Powdered dried ginger root, black pepper, long pepper, and amla powder in equal amounts should be combined. Take a teaspoon of this powdered mixture twice daily with lukewarm water.
- Consume one to two teaspoons of the pulp of a ripe bael fruit with water, twice a day. It is highly beneficial in alleviating Dysentery.
- To alleviate the condition, chew jaggery and the tender leaves of peepal and coriander in equal amounts.
- Skin of ½ pomegranate along with 2 cups of water. Boil till half water remains filtered and drink twice a day.
- Consume honey-roasted cumin powder after meals to alleviate dysentery and loose motions.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes:
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to stay hydrated.
- Bring boiled, filtered, or clean water with you when you travel.
- Before eating, wash all vegetables and fruits.
- Include boiled rice, vegetables, and mung soup (green gram)
- Include fruits like pomegranates and amla are helpful to combat Dysentery
- In Dysentery eating khajur or dates can be effective
- Fried foods, ghee and other fats, chillies, and large meals should be avoided.
- Avoid the cold bath.
- Diarrhea can be effectively treated with curd and rice.
- Complete bed rest is recommended for the patient during a severe attack.
Dysentery is similar to diarrhea, with a significant difference in blood in loose motions. Some Ayurveda home remedies can be beneficial in the initial start of Dysentery. Still, in case of severe or acute conditions from Dysentery, you should visit Ayushakti Ayurved and get yourself treated naturally.