No More Pies, Try Vegan and Dairy-Free Carrot Cake This Thanksgiving!
Ditch the unhealthy sweet treats and try this Ayurveda guilt-free recipe of Carrot Cake that will leave you licking your fingers!
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday observed annually in the United States and Canada to commemorate the previous year's harvest and other good fortunes.
Turkey, bread stuffing, potatoes, cranberries, pumpkin pie, cake, tarts and cookies typically make up the Thanksgiving meal. As family members gather, the holiday is frequently the busiest time of the year. This year's Thanksgiving Day is observed on Thursday, November 24, 2022.
We always have room for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner, no matter how much we eat. And when we say dessert, we're not referring to traditional pumpkin pie—though we will have a slice of that! Our sweet spread includes carrot cake inspired by our seasonal desserts packed with dry fruits, and vegan creamy frosting.
Healthy gluten-free and dairy-free carrot cake with maple syrup as a sweetener and vegan cream cheese frosting on top
One of those desserts that are delicious all year round is carrot cake. It simply works, regardless of the season! We are almost at the end of the year and ready to celebrate a much waited festival, and most of us need more preparation for desserts. Therefore, We contemplated a HEALTHY CARROT CAKE as an excellent Thanksgiving sweet treat that is both light enough for cold days with the little flavour of cinnamon and ginger for those already undergoing the seasonal transition.
Let’s start with the star of the dinner, the Carrot Cake recipe, without wasting time:
List of Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups of oats flour
- ½ cup of fine almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger powder
- ½ tsp of Himalayan pink sea salt
- ⅔ cup of chopped dry fruits of your choice (like walnuts, almonds, pistachio, and cashew nuts)
- 2-3 tbsp of flax/chia + 6 tbsp water (let it sit for 10 minutes)
- ⅓ cup of almond milk (unsweetened)
- ½ cup of applesauce
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of canola oil
Ingredients For Frosting:
- 1 8oz container of vegan cream cheese (make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and you can make vegan cream cheese from grinding cashew nuts).
- 4 tsp of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups of powdered date sugar, sifted
- A little dash of pink salt
- Grease 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray and heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients, except the chopped walnuts, in a separate bowl.
- Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- If using, fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes after transferring to the pan you prepared. Let it cool.
- To remove the cake from the pan, run a knife around its edge. Place the cake upside down on a serving platter or cooling rack.
For the frosting
- Beat the butter until a smooth texture appears in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Continue beating after adding the vegan cream cheese until smooth.
- The sifted powdered jaggery should be added in 1-cup increments, followed by the salt and vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly with a mixer. If you want the frosting to be thick and creamy, add more jaggery powder until you get the right consistency.
- Using an angled spatula, spread over the cake to create swirls.
Making a healthy cake doesn’t have to be extravagant; however, making a cake may sound a bit time-consuming and difficult. But this recipe is pretty simple, especially if you are a new baker!
Try this guilt-free recipe, and your family and friends will be amazed by this taste, and this cake is even suitable to gift someone as a gesture of love on this Thanksgiving Day!
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us at email@example.com