Ayurvedic Diet Management Guide For Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the most common yet challenging health conditions people face.
Almost 11% of the world's population is dealing with diabetes. And it's challenging to manage but not impossible!
Ayurveda is an ancient science recommending solutions that might assist with managing diabetes. In this blog, you will learn how to manage diabetes, what to eat and how to control high blood sugar levels.
So, let's dive in and build a natural and healthier life!
Guidance for Managing Diabetes
Healthy eating for diabetics includes:
- Limiting foods that are high in sugar
- Eating smaller portions, spread out over the day
- Being careful about when and how many carbohydrates you eat
- Eating a variety of whole-grain foods and vegetables every day
- Eating less fat
- Limiting your use of alcohol
- Using less salt
Also Read: Manage Diabetes With Ayurveda
To help manage type 2 diabetes, the Kapha-balancing diet should include the following:
- Eating food sources that are light, dry, and warm and keeping away from food varieties that are slick, cold, and weighty.
- Milk products aggravate Kapha Dosha, so avoiding or reducing their consumption is preferable. You can eat low-fat milk products. Ghee helps to strengthen the digestive fire, so use it sparingly.
- More beans and legumes are needed in the Kapha diet. Moong beans, in particular, are highly beneficial to people with diabetes.
- Wheat and rice are heavy and hard to break down. You can eat light grains like corn and millet.
- Spices are beneficial to Kapha dosha and should be used in cooking. The diet must include pepper, mustard, garlic, and ginger.
- Ginger tea helps with digestion. However, salt should either be avoided or consumed in moderation.
- Meats should be avoided because they may cause inflammation, according to Ayurveda.
- Consuming warm food is necessary for blood sugar control in the diet. Warm water should be drunk by patients.
- Diabetes management is more accessible by eating bitter foods. A vital vegetable that should be consumed is the bitter gourd. Another essential spice that should be included in the diet is turmeric.
- Fried foods, tuber vegetables, soft drinks, mangoes, custard apples, dates, and bananas should all be avoided.
Proteins like chickpeas, mung, lentils, masoor, mung dal, and soya bean products. Vegetables like spinach, leafy greens, dudhi (bottle gourd), turai, bhopla (white pumpkin), padwal (snake gourd), karela (bitter gourd), broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, zucchini, all leafy greens and all kinds of cooked vegetables are very good. Cereals like green millet, ragi, corn, kulit (horse gram), jwari and barley (jav).
Note: If you have a kidney problem, you may need more vegetables and less protein. Foods to avoid: rice, potatoes, fruits, white flour, wheat, deep fried foods, red meat.
- First two days—fasting with ginger water only
- For the next 7 days take only mung soup and vegetables
- Next five days, consume solid mung and vegetables
- Then come back to the general diet This specific diet will help to remove blockages from the channels and toxins from the body, improves metabolism and help reduce blood sugar levels
- Eat your food at regular intervals and avoid over eating
- Walking daily for at least ½ hour is essential
- Take appropriate rest
- Check your blood sugar levels periodically
A healthy diet is essential for managing Diabetes along with a few lifestyle changes. At Ayushakti Ayurved, doctors analyze your cause of high blood sugar & insulin dependency and other multiple health problems, if any, through video or face-to-face consultation & create customized "3R'' Diabetox program using a blend of 6 proprietary tools like Diet, Lifestyle, Home Remedies, Herbal Formulas, Marma Points & Detox Plans.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. Even these tough times
cannot stop us; you can consult our experts on phone, video or visit the nearest
clinic. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906
For more information, write to us at email@example.com
Stay Home | Stay Healthy