What foods should I eat or avoid to reduce Psoriasis flare-up?
What you eat and drink may make a BIG difference in reducing flare-ups of any skin conditions. Here are the proven diets and lifestyles you can follow and get maximum benefit.
FOODS TO AVOID-
- Completely stop Wheat, meat (esp. red meat), milk and dairy products, refined sugar. These are channel blocking and flare up the skin problems immediately.
- Sour foods such as tomatoes, all sour fruits, vinegar, and hot spices like chilies.
- Fermented or fermentation increasing foods such as yogurt, alcohol, cheese (esp. old and hard ones), and yeast containing foods such as marmite, vegetarian pâtes, soya sauce.
- Egg, seafood, peanuts
(These foods are creating inflammation and increasing the puss formations. So to avoid)
- Ice-cold foods and- drinks
- Ready-made, tinned, and microwaved foods
- Food containing caffeine or nicotine(like the vegetables of the nightshade family)
FOODS TO ENJOY MORE-
- Cooked vegetables such as squashes, pumpkins, soft gourds of all kinds like Indian vegetables such as lauki, Galka, Turai, Tendli. Carrots, beetroots, leafy greens, cauliflower, french beans, peas. (You can consume all types of cooling vegetables)
- Pulses like whole green mung and split mung beans, yellow and red lentils.
- Grains including rice, oat, maize, millet, amaranth, Sorghum (jowar), finger millet (Ragi), quinoa, polenta; basically everything other than wheat.
- All sweet fruits are good to take, such as pomegranate, musk melon, watermelon.
- Soaked seeds and almonds
- Pure cow’s Ghee (Pitta reducing and rejuvenating the skin)
- Good milk alternatives are soya milk, rice milk, almond milk, oats milk, or coconut milk.
- Sweeteners: Jaggery (solidified sugar cane juice), raw cane sugar, date sugar, molasses, rice syrup, or honey.
- Drinks: Black tea, cumin, coriander, fennel tea.
- Most essential is the use of various spices: the best for all Doshas are cumin, coriander, fennel, and saffron. You can use ginger garlic moderately.
LIFESTYLE TO FOLLOW: -
- Stay in fresh air, pleasant atmosphere, place with proper sunlight and water.
- Do meditation every day.
- Do pranayam and light exercise daily?
- Keep your surroundings clean & hygienic.
- Wear clean & neat washable clothes.
- Avoid roaming in hot climates.
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges.
- Avoid doing excessive exercise.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts on phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here - BOOK NOW
For more information write to us at email@example.com
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr.Ronak Naik
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd