5 Most Effective Home Remedies For Edema
Ayurveda describe swelling or Edema as Shotha. It is also known as Shopha or Shvayathu. It is wide term covering local swellings to inflammation of internal organs such as bronchitis, pancreatitis etc.
Improper diet and lifestyle aggravates Tridoshas and creates Ama. This vitiate towards Rasa & Rakta vaha channels and move all over body. It get saturated in weak immune area. Vitiated Vata causes pain. Vitiated Kapha creates obstruction and vitiated Pitta increase inflammation. This is known as Edema.
With the change in our day-to-day lifestyle, dietary patterns and few home remedies we can reduce swelling and manage pain and uneasiness experienced by swollen legs because of Edema.
Also Read: The Concept of Edema From Ayurveda’s Perspective
Ayushakti Home Remedies:
1. Home-made Pindswed
Of the various kinds of Panchkarma therapy for different health concerns, pindswed improves flexibilty of joints, relieves arthritis, swelling, edema, sciatica and spondylosis.
Instructions for Pindsweed:
- Mix one cup of ajwain powder and one of dry ginger powder.
- Divide into two equal parts and tie in thick cotton cloths to make two pouches of equal size.
- Heat one ball on a dry skillet or iron.
- Apply this heated ball to the painful areas for at least twenty minutes and apply Painmukti Cream thereafter.
2. Ginger water
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which helps to reduce swelling and effective to manage pain.
- Take dry ginger water every day.
- Boil 1 tsp. of dry ginger powder in 1 liter of water for 5 minutes.
- Filter it and drink.
3. Haldi Lepa
Turmeric can reduce the symptoms of Edema. The curcumin present on turmeric has found to be effective in recovering from Edema due to brain injury.
- Cook haldi (turmeric) in ghee (clarified butter).
- Make a thick paste
- Apply it warm on pain area.
4. Epsom salt
Epsom salt also known as Rock Salt is known to reduce inflammation and pain. It contains magnesium sulfate in high quantity which is found to relieve Edema symptoms.
- Boil the water.
- Add Epsom salt in the water.
- Let the swollen area submerge into water for 15-20 minutes.
- You can also bathe by adding epsom salt in the bath tub or bucket.
5. Home-made Ointment
Black Gram is good for reducing swelling and muscle pain. Black Gram is packed with iron, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, potassium which makes it a healthy pulse for the overall health.
- ½ Grind cup of urad dal (Black Gram)
- ¼ cup of ginger powder
- ¼ cup of ajwain powder (Carom seeds powder)
- Cook and apply it warm
Trying Ayurveda home remedies to reduce swelling and pain is a safe and effective way to manage Edema. However, if you’re finding this home remedy provides you with short-term relief, please opt for a proper Ayurveda treatment and lifestyle and diet changes.
At Ayushakti Ayurved, we have a wide range of treatments to eliminate Edema from its roots cause. Please consult Ayushakti to give yourself much-needed relief from pain and swelling.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your well-being in these difficult times. Book your consultation here - BOOK NOW
For more information write to us at email@example.com
You may contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr.Ronak Naik
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd.