TRI-COLORED HALWA RECIPE
Indians celebrate its Independence on every 15th August. Independence Day has a special value in the hearts of every Indian citizen. Every year, Indians observe this day to commemorate the true Indian essence, as the preamble of Indian Constitution declares the country to be a “sovereign, socialist, secular, democratic republic”. The auspicious day begins with a glorious vibe by hoisting the Indian national flag, followed by various cultural programs in different parts and organizations of the country. Every Indian pledges to maintain the unity and fraternity of the nation with equal rights and freedom. No need to mention, food is an integral part of any occasion in India.
People enjoy a variety of delicious dishes, especially dessert items on different occasions. This time, we have come up with an exclusive sweet dish item that is savory and symbolic: the three colored halwas; orange, white, and green. After preparing halwas of three different colors, you can arrange them by colors, in resemblance to our national flag. Go ahead and try this unique recipe on the coming 15th August. We bet the tri-colored halwa will add more value to your Independence Day celebration.
Orange-colored Halwa -
- ½ Kg – Carrot
- 250 Grams – Jaggery
- 5 TSP – Ghee
- 100 Grams – Dry Fruits
- Take ½ Kg of Carrot. Wash the carrots well with water and peel them.
- Grate the carrots.
- Heat a pan and take 5 TSP of Ghee. Add the grated carrot to the Ghee and cook it for 15 minutes on a low flame.
- Cover the pan with the lid and keep it until the grated carrots turn deep orange and become thicker.
- Then, mix 250 Grams of organic jaggery to the carrot well.
- In the end, add 100 grams of chopped dry fruits (cashew, walnut & almond) to the mixed ingredients.
- Let the halwa cool down and it is ready.
White-colored Halwa -
- ½ Kg – White Pumpkin
- 250 Grams – Jaggery Power
- 20 ml – Ghee
- 1 TSP – Sesame Seeds
- ¼ Cup – Coconut Milk
- Take ½ Kg of white pumpkin, peel, and grate it well.
Heat a pan and add 20 ml of Ghee. Add the grated
Then, cover the pan with the lid and cook it for fewer minutes. Roast the sesame seeds
Add ¼ cup of jaggery powder and mix all the ingredients well.
Mix ½ cup of coconut milk and cook until it becomes thicker.
Once the cooking is done, switch off the flame.
Garnish the halwa with roasted sesame seeds.
- 7-8 Spinach leaves (1 TSP of spinach puree)
- 2 Cups – Finger Millets (Ragi)
- 20 ml – Ghee
- 2 Cups – Water
- ¼ Cup – Jaggery Powder
- 100 Grams – Dry Fruits
- Heat a pan and take 20 ml ghee in it.
- Add 2 cups of finger millet flour and fry (sauté) the flour until it turns golden brown.
- Add ¼ cup jaggery powder and 2 cups of water to the mixture.
- After the flour absorbs the water, add the spinach puree to it.
- Garnish the halwa with dry fruits.
The nutritional benefits of the halwa:
- Jaggery is a healthy substitute for white sugar.
- Ghee contains Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Finger Millet is gluten-free, rich in calcium and vitamin D. It keeps blood sugar in control and strengthens bone.
- Carrot – Source of carotene, vitamin K1, fiber, and antioxidants.
- White pumpkin is highly nutritious and boosts immunity.
Serve the halwa in different ways to fill the festive craving. This independence day, prepare these rich, mouth-watering halwas. The recipe demands a few ingredients with high nutritional values. You can share your cooking experience with us on social platforms.
On the Occasion of the “INDEPENDENCE DAY” try your hands on this real quick, simple, flavoursome, and mouth-watering Healthy Tricolor Halwa. Do not forget to share with us! Tag us on Instagram @Ayushakti
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times. Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/31YnP1b
For more information write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org or You may also contact us on our toll-free numbers - 18002663001 (India) & +18002800906 (Global)
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd.