Five Dietary Advice for Joint Flexibility
What foods can be eaten to prevent Osteoporosis or Osteoarthritis?
To ensure healthy bones and joints, maintain a balance of high-protein foods in your diet. Also, eat food that contains Calcium naturally.
Calcium pills absorption to the body is minimal; hence it is not useful to improve Calcium to your bones. Instead, If you take natural Calcium through your diet, then the absorption is perfect, and the bones get nourishment remarkably.
Advice no. 1
Your daily Calcium intake should be at least 1000 mg. to 1200 mg. from the food itself.
- Sesame Seeds
To have 1000 mg. Calcium every day, at least one tablespoon of sesame seeds daily morning with water. It is the best source of Calcium for your bones.
5-10 Soaked every day is another source of natural Calcium.
Spinach has loads of Calcium. One bowl of boiled spinach in any form such as soup, puree, or along with your vegetables.
1 cup dried fig to be soaked overnight. Make a spread or a smoothie with milk in the morning and drink.
100 gm Amaranth to be cooked and made porridge or make a pancake by mixing amaranth powder with yellow gram flour.
All of the above food items are full of Calcium, and consuming them helps in getting your daily need of Calcium naturally.
Advice no. 2
Avoid all toxic & inflammatory foods :
- Wheat, refined flour, red meat, sour and fermented food items, pickles, and canned foods deplete the metabolism.
- Limit consumption of Tea, coffee, soda, and cola may decrease calcium absorption and contribute to bone loss.
- Heavy consumption of alcohol also leads to bone loss. Hence limiting its use.
Advice no. 3
Take more of :
- Vegetables such as kale, okra, cabbage, dandelion, broccoli, green leafy greens such as collard, spinach, mustard, turnip, brazil sprouts, red and green peppers, beans, plantain, prunes, beetroot, artichoke, raisins, soybeans, squashes, pumpkin, asparagus, celery, parsnip, carrots, Amaranth, sesame seeds, ragi.
- You can also use sesame paste in Tahini form – 2 tablespoons in your vegetables like spinach, broccoli, okra, and French beans. These vegetables contain at least 500 -700 mg of Calcium per 200 gms.
- Fruits : Kiwi, papaya, Guava
- Diary: Milk, Soy milk, Almond milk, Cottage cheese
- Nuts: almonds, brazil nuts, figs, apricots. Salmon fish, sardines with the bones.
- If you make tofu, then 100 gms tofu provides 372 mg of Calcium, and one cup of spinach provides 800 mg of Calcium. So when you make spinach tofu recipes, your 1000 mg per day calcium is achieved.
- Two tablespoons of flaxseed, almonds, sesame, hazelnuts, or walnuts give 300 mg of Calcium.
Advice no. 4
LIFESTYLE to follow -
- Do yoga and meditation.
- Walk for 30 – 60 minutes daily, as per the doctor's advice.
- Avoid doing excessive exercise.
- Don't carry a heavyweight.
- Avoid the use of air conditioners.
- Avoid suppressing the natural urges.
Yogasana for knee pain and Osteoarthritis
Practice these asanas with the help of a yoga expert for the best results
- Virasana (Hero Pose)
- Makarasana (Crocodile Pose)
- Utthita Parsvakonasana (Extended Side Angle Pose)
- Parsvottanasana (Pyramid Pose)
- Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
Advice no. 5
To improve metabolism (dhatu Agni) :
Following a Green mung and vegetable diet is the best solution to activate metabolism. Every month for five days, eat mung and vegetable soup. It will burn toxins, reduce inflammation and improve metabolism remarkably. Reduce excess weight, if any.
Ayushakti's mission is to help people in every possible way. You can consult our experts by phone or video. We will suggest diet & home remedies for maintaining your wellbeing in these difficult times.
Book your consultation here https://bit.ly/2Zgpimk
For more information write to us at email@example.com
Author of the Blog: Dr. Rajeshri Mehta
Expert Review By: Dr Smita Pankaj Naram
Co-Founder, Ayushakti Ayurved Pvt Ltd